Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Blogging Avoidance

Is that a real syndrome? It should be. Yes, I've been avoiding my blog. Why? Well, basically lots of emotional stuff mixed with plain ole busy.

Most of the emotional stuff comes from the church thingy. Change is never easy. What I wasn't prepared for was the negative response from people. Family, friends... and it put me on a major emotional rollercoaster. First, I found myself constantly trying to appologize for my decision. Then I got angry...what business was it of their's anyway?!?! When I expressed this frustration to Barry, he suggested that maybe I wasn't sure of my decision. So I stopped to think, was I? Yes, as sure as any decision I've ever made. But this was between me and God, really. So, then I had some repenting to do. I was putting my "people-pleasing" ahead of "God-pleasing". Not a good thing.

So, then I was positively sure of my decision, but I still had a couple of roadblocks to get through...a couple of commitments at my church. I could have "bowed out gracefully," but that's just not how I operate. I was nervous at how I would be treated/reacted to, but everything worked out fine.

Once again, a trial in my life has worked out for the best. I believe I'm ending up in a church that is more in line with my beliefs, and will be more supportive of my faith journey. It helped me become stronger and more confident in my beliefs. And it strengthened the bond between my daughters and I. They've been SO fantastic. Never once have they questioned why we're leaving...they totally get it. They're just sad at leaving friends.

The other things stressing me out? Well, first we have our 6-month check up at Mayo next week...at which I'm anticipating being hassled over our new diet. And Erin's BG #'s have been nuts the last week, which makes me even more nervous (I'm thinking that all of the bug spray use is making her high?).

Then we start our new school year (officially) on the 14th. So, I've been ordering books, organizing and planning. I do this to myself every year, determined to be organized. So far, I've fallen off the wagon every time...but this just may be the year I succeed!

And lastly, we're trying to do a trip to South Dakota the last week of September. I've been busy researching the "must-dos" and ordering library books to prep the girls. I know S Dakota doesn't seem like the most exciting place to visit, but there are surprisingly a lot of things to do. And my goal is to have a new camera in time for the trip...so I have to research that, too. I had intended to upgrade to a digital SLR with a telephoto lens, but have recently discovered that they make point and shoot "mega-zooms" that zoom out as far as those telephoto lenses (for a few hundred $ less, which is very important in my world!)

Yes, I realize that much of what I stress over is self-inflicted. That stresses me out, too. :) I stay sane by sacrificing sleep to have my "quiet time with God" each morning. It's my favorite part of the day. I also have my Wednesday night Bible study. And now church will be starting up Christian ed hour on Sunday mornings...finally, I get to go to Sunday school!!!! Yeah! I know, I'm a geek. :)

Tony left for school on Monday. We're all sad. Although I will have to cook less. :) And Friday we're going up to spend a couple of days with my mom & dad. I'm hoping they have less mosquitoes than we do since they're still suffering from a major drought. The skeeters have been insane here since we got the 10 inches of rain in less than a week. I guess everything has its plusses and minuses, eh?

Ok, I'll stop babbling now. I've broken the cycle of avoidance at least. :) Have a very happy Labor Day everyone!

No comments: