Monday, September 28, 2009

On Vacation!

Barry brought our laptop so that "I" could check email and stuff. That's code for he wanted to be able to work from vacation. Nice. So, I took it away from him, thinking I could get a headstart on downloading pictures and blogging about our adventures. We left home on Sunday morning. We already miss our animals, and hope Morgan is taking good care of our babies! I can already predict that Cassie won't be out of my sight or off my heels for at least a month!

It was a boring drive to Green Bay...being Sunday, Barry made us listen to football the entire way...pre-game, game, and post-game. Our first stop was Bay Beach Amusement Park. Way cool! It's a permanent amusement park set right on the lake, and rides are 25 or 50 cents. Cool! We had fun, even though the wind was blowin like a South Dakota blizzard and rain was threatening.

Then, we got settled into our hotel and ran to the grocery store for dinner. After a dip in the pool it was pretty much time for bed. We were out of the hotel this am by 10 and on our way to LAMBEAU FIELD (you have to imagine me saying that like a football game announcer...it's way more dramatic!) We pre-shopped in the pro shop and then went on the hour-long tour. It was very informational and fun...at least for a Packer Fan. :) We got to see inside a luxury suite, walk on the field and we even got to go thru the tunnel that the Packers run thru. Now, it was doubly cool cuz they "announce" the Packers and have recorded fans cheering when you go thru. I know, I'm a quack, but I got goose bumps and tears in my eyes. Cool.








Unfortunately, the rain didn't hold off for us today...it started pourin' while we were at Lambeau, which totally messed with my photo plans...








After our Lambeau tour and spending waaaaayyyyy too much money at the pro shop, we stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch. Then we were off for Door County. Seriously, you'd think we were on the Gulf of Mexico and a hurricane had caught us! It's nuts out there!!! We stopped twice on the way up to Sister Bay to take pictures on the Bay side of the waves and wind blowing in. We even got turned around just outside of Sister Bay because of a down power line. When we checked into our hotel, we were told that phones were out and some of the rooms were out of power, and we were given a flashlight. :) What an adventure!








The girls are absolutely THRILLED with our suite. We got a 2 bedroom, which means the girls get their own private room (with a TV!) and bathroom. There's a full kitchen, dining area and fireplace in the living area. The pool is nice, too.
We're not sure what we're gonna do with tomorrow, as most of my "plans" had revolved around nature, state parks, hiking, beaches, etc., and the "hurricane" is scheduled to continue thru tomorrow at least. I'll keep you updated.
Have a good week and God bless!































































1 comment:

Jenn :) said...

DUDE...I was just thinking that I must have missed your birthday. Am I the worlds WORST friend or what?? *sigh* I'm SO sorry buddy...hope it was a good day!!

Look at you picture taking!! LOVE them!! And dude...I would so have gotten goosebumps and teary eyed through the tunnel too! Sounds like it's been a blast so far!!

You are SO going to have to walk me through photoshop..finally loaded it onto my computer..and I don't get it. *says in a whiney voice*