Thursday, August 20, 2009

So tired...

It could be stress...it could be no nap this week...it could be the rainy weather today. Who knows. I'm just pooped. The girls had dentist appointments today and then we did the grocery shopping. No cavities...which should be a given seeing as though they haven't had ANY sugar in 4 months! But braces may be looming in Alana's future. Ugh.

And I also picked up my new glasses. Mine were from early 2001 (before Erin was born, I believe) so I thought it was about time to get my eyes checked again...that, and my lenses were pretty beat up. Well, my bad side had stayed the same, but my good side had made a slight move to catch up with the bad side...so yes, my prescription had changed, but just a tiny bit. I hate doing anything that involves me and mirrors, so the girls had to help me pick them up. You can all blame them if I look like a dork! :) I'm excited cuz this time I actually paid for the transitions lenses (I have very sun-sensitive eyes). Can't wait to try 'em!

Life feels a little chaotic lately. Over the past couple of weeks, we researched and soul-searched over two opportunities to purchase scrapbook kit website stores. I'd like to be able to help Barry in supporting the family, without taking too much time away from my family. We decided that in this economy, any financial risk, no matter how small, was too much. That, and I wouldn't truly have any control over my time demands. So, we've decided that I will FINALLY pursue selling my cards on etsy www.etsy.com I've put it off so long...mostly due to fear of failure and rejection. But, I'll never know til I try. So, we're in the prep stages...I'll let you know when I go live! :)

Also on the stress-o-meter is a church issue. Our church is a member of the ELCA, which just last night voted to adopt a social statement that totally conflicts with my beliefs. It was just the final straw, so to speak, as I had been struggling for a while with "am I a Lutheran?" So, we'll be changing churches. It's sad, really, as most of my local friends are there...same for the girls. But, luckily, God has put a support system in place for me, and I have a church to go to. What appeared as God answering a prayer for needed spiritual support with a group of women to share Bible study with, has actually become "a soft place to fall". I am truly blessed. It still won't be easy. I'll have to leave "the known", comfort and familiarity, friends...and may face persecution for my decision. Luckily, I have by my side my Savior...and several translations of His Word for support! :)

On the lighter side...since every blog post needs a picture...here's one I did of our fat cat, Zach. The pic doesn't do it justice...there's glitter and bling galore! He's so beautiful.

Well, I'm going to attempt some card-making. I'll see if I can keep my eyes open! Have a great weekend, and God bless!

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Good luck with the etsy store and also with finding a new church. And I agree your kitty is gorgeous, as is your layout!