Monday, September 14, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Yep, been avoiding again. This time mostly due to exhaustion. And self-imposed busyness.

Anyway, we left for Mom & Dad's after lunch on the Friday of Labor Day weekend. Made a quick stop at Target and Best Buy, where I spent an embarrassing amount of money (about 3 times what I had intended to spend) on a new DSLR. Ugh. I still feel guilty. And Barry says well I should! But he was there and didn't stop me, so he really doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Anyway, made it up there in time for dinner (have I mentioned how much I LOVE going to my Mom's, if for no other reason than to be taken care of? Pathetic, I know. Wonder when I'll grow out of that?) My mom is a rockstar with food...she makes it possible to not only stick to our "bean diet" but to actually gain weight in the process. Can you say "yum"? But, I digress...

My sister and her family made it up on Saturday, so the cousins were treated to a rare full day of togetherness. And I had lots of practice time with the new camera! :) Easton is growing like a weed, and nearly every picture I have of him is blurred cuz he doesn't stay still! I guess that means he's good practice!


And Avery is a doll. Still trying to figure out where she got that from? :)






Saturday afternoon, we tried out our tube for the first time. Barry was nervous about Erin being scared. It turned out I was right...it was Alana who was apprehensive. Erin is our speed girl. And yes, these pictures stink because I had forgotten I had manually set the ISO (please, don't ask me what that means because I don't know yet) instead of just using auto (trust me, this camera is WAY smarter than I am). So, they stink...












But, you can still see the smiles...not to mention their glorious beauty. :)



























No comments: