Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Two Down, One to Go.

Birthday parties, that is. August is jam-packed full of them at our house. We've got Erin, Barry and Alana...then my mom, Barry's sister, and my brother-in-law. And at least one friend of mine. Crazy.

So, Friday we had Erin's kid party. She didn't want to do anything special. Just wanted to invite 3 girls (only two could come) and play outside. Well, it rained all day...but I think they still had fun just hanging out, being silly. And have you ever seen a cake like this? Probably not. It's a "Crowell Original". :)
And yes, that's Erin's diabetes supplies right in front of the cake (good job clearing the clutter, Mom!). But, it is pretty fitting. Diabetes will forever dominate her year of 7. And it also symbolizes why she has a cheese & meat tray as a bday cake!

Here are the friends she invited...Claire and Emily...
I let Alana have a couple of friends over, too...Megan and Mckenna...Emilies sisters...so that she wouldn't be bored. They had fun, too, I think.

Then Saturday we had the "Crowell" birthday parties at the Bloom's. My mom & dad were able to come and spend some time with us, so that was extra special. The "cake" for this party was our bean flour carrot muffin with cream cheese on top. Pretty good...if you've been without sugar for over 3 months!!!
I should mention that Alana also got her hair cut this past week, too, and also took off a few inches. She's trying to grow out her bangs (I think just to annoy her mother) so this new style helped to make the growing bangs less obvious. When she had it styled and stuff, I swear she gained a foot in height and about 4 years! You shoulda seen Barry's face when we got home! His little girl is growing up!

The girls have VBS this week (Vacation Bible School). It's a little difficult for them, not being used to loud & rowdy kids anymore. But they always like the camp counselors (college-age camp counselors from Luther Bible Camp). This year is a little stickier cuz of having to deal with shots and special food, but so far so good. Plus, it's my ONLY vacation all year! Yeah! Know what I did yesterday with my couple hours of freedom? Cleaned. Isn't that fabulous?!?! And today? Laundry and catching up on this blog. But it's looking up...really. Right now I'm gonna have some lunch, get my clean sheets off the line and back onto the bed, and then I'm gonna have me a little nap! :) Tomorrow? I'm scrapping! :)
Friday, after VBS, we are having Alana's party. We're going to a park in Chippewa falls...they have a petting zoo, fountains, hiking, etc. She's only bringing 2 friends, and Erin is bringing a friend, too. We've never been there, so our fingers are crossed! I'll be glad to be done with birthdays!!!!




No comments: