Sunday, August 16, 2009

Welcome to our family!

After a "way too short" night's sleep, we were off to Eau Claire to finish off our birthday celebration...to Petco to get new pets. Alana wanted a guinea pig and Erin wanted a gerbil. But after "trying" to hold a gerbil, Erin decided on a guinea pig, too...they're a lot calmer. Their main purpose in life is to hide and cuddle. My kind of pet! :)

So far, the cats are bored with or scared of them...and Cassie wants them...bad! So, Cassie is banned from the room. I'm hoping she "gets over" the excitement soon so that the pigs can join us around the house. So, the white one on the left is Daisy (Alana's) and Buttercup (Erin's) is on the right. I have to admit, for rodents, they're pretty cute!










I'm hoping life can get back to normal now for awhile! I think we're all looking forward to school and our normal routine tomorrow. My second and (hopefully) final curriculum order should be here tomorrow, so I'll spend a lot of the week organizing that.
Ok, I'm hoping to get in a quick nap (who knows how long it will take me to catch up from the last couple of weeks!) and then I'm gonna try to get in some "play" time. :) Hope your weekend was fun, restful and safe! Oh....and Happy Birthday Mom!!!!



No comments: