Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's Been Crazy...

Well, maybe not for most people. But I don't do "busy" well. I like boring and routine. :) Wow, I sound like a barrel of laughs, eh?

Ok, so we ushered in August as we always do, with the Buffalo County Fair. I hate the fair. I know, that's SO not something a small-town girl from Wisconsin should say, is it? But, when you LIVE a block away from the fair...so that you see, hear and smell all that comes with the fair...trust me, life isn't so "funnel cakes and corndogs" anymore.

We started off, as usual, after dinner on Friday (after spending a couple of hours at the very empty pool - the best thing about the fair!). And of course, we started with the animals, complete with a pony ride. Soon after this, Erin complained that her face itched and she wanted to go home. This is when I notice her eyes are red and watery and her face is red & blotchy. And this is when I remember that she didn't shower after being in the pool (we think she's allergic to chlorine). This is total deja vu from last year...same day, even. So, Erin and I leave our front row parking spot (yes, we drove to the fair even though we live a block away. Why? Ask the lazy people I live with.) and run home for a quick shower and some Benadryl. She feels better, so I pack a snack and we head back...and park 3 blocks from the fair. Nice.

After they eat their snack...ummm, fair food is so totally NOT on our diet...they started on the rides. You can tell they're "growing up" cuz this year the faves were the tilt-a-wirl and the bumper cars.

Saturday morning we headed back over for the horse-pull. It was a nice, cool day and hardly anybody was there. That's the way I like it! Barry was bored (not a horse guy) but it held Erin's attention pretty well, and, of course, Alana was enthralled. Went back home for lunch, and then back to the fair after supper to finish up the ride tickets. Whew!




























No comments: