Thursday, May 28, 2009

We've been busy...

...and sick. Ummm, last Thursday Erin had her Girl Scouts "Court of Awards"...where all of the troops got on stage and the leaders talked about what the troops had done. Erin wasn't too thrilled, and possibly felt like I did, that it was a waste of time. :) I'm telling ya...when you have to skip the refreshments at the end of everything, it really takes away from the whole thing. :)

All last week I worked on the scrapbook and picture boards for my niece's graduation. I did finish on time, by the way. :) This is a layout I did for her...

The grad ceremony was LONG...and hot. It started a half hour late cuz one of the graduates thought it started at 8 (It was SUPPOSED to start at 7. Ugh.) But it was very nice...and I was so proud of Lexi. Here are some pics from the ceremony and party that was on Saturday.








And this is Erin at her "Court of Awards". I told you she wasn't too excited. :)



I started getting sick on Wednesday of last week...stress, tired, and too many germs floating around, I guess. But, mind over matter, I held off the worst of it til the grad party was done. I kid you not, I got home and almost instantly collapsed on my chair. I was so sick. It took me 3 full days to get back to normal. I was lucky that it was raining the entire time, so that I didn't feel like I HAD to walk the dog. :) I must say, though, that I made a quick recovery. Normally, I'd be in bed with bronchitis by now...or sick at least for a couple of weeks. It must be the "no sugar". Huh. Go figure.
That's going pretty well, I guess. I'm down to 1 cup of coffee in the morning (that's down from 4-5 cups of hydrogenated oil/sugar-filled expensive coffee per day that I had been drinking). I was down 9 pounds at the end of last week. We're still having issues with Erin's blood glucose numbers...they've been a little high because I've reduced her insulin. But both girls are doing well with the food (and lack of carbs and sugar). Much better than I anticipated. And they're trying new things. We're headed up to my mom & dad's tomorrow...and mom has got big plans for food! :) I'm just thankful I have her support...eating this way away from home can be difficult...having her help is a major load off my shoulders.
We finally got the garden tilled up today...still need to plant. And today we powerwashed the deck...we need to seal it tomorrow before we leave.
We're hoping to have our thrift sale next weekend. Hoping. I really don't mind doing it. I just hate setting it up. Ugh. I'm also starting to pick out curriculum for next year. That's always so stressful for me...too many options make for difficult decisions. You would NEVER believe how many choices are out there for homeschoolers. And then as a parent, you feel like your children's education hangs in the balance of what curriculum decisions I make. Fun.
Ok, enough babbling. Have a good weekend!




No comments: