Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spring Activities...

Been busy this week being a single mom...Barry finally felt good enough to go to work on Thursday night, but ended up with a fever and headache while there. Yesterday was probably his best day yet. Of course, he didn't do much more than lay on the couch. :) This morning I had my first attempt at baking for Alana. I made Bean Flour Carrot Muffins from Karen Hurd's website (she's the "Bean Queen" nutritionist we're working with http://www.karenhurd.com/index.html ) It was a little dicey as her recipe calls for 3 eggs, and I had to use Egg Replacer, but the girls liked them (seriously, it was just nice to get a texture in our mouths besides beans!)

Today, my goal is to clean house, work on my niece, Lexi's, scrapbook for her graduation on Memorial Day weekend, and, hopefully, nap.

This is a layout I did last weekend for my pal Jenn. In her etsy store, http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5367046 , she designs and sells journaling blocks...she made the "flowers" on my layout. So cute! The layout is of my sister and Easton, at 3 months.

I thought this was a cool picture...it's a pigeon roosting on our garage roof. We don't get many pigeon visitors...
And these pics are from our March 29th visit to Govin's Farm in Menomonie http://www.govinsmeatsandberries.com/lambing_barn.htm They have a huge barn with sheep lambing, open to the public. We also enjoyed seeing miniature horses, baby chicks, goats and cows. Alana, especially, was in heaven! They also had fiber artists demonstrating how the turn the sheep's wool into yarn...way cool! We didn't get to see any lambs being born, but there were a couple who were just minutes old!














Well, I better get to work. I have a phone appt in a few minutes with Karen Hurd to discuss Erin this time. So many things to do...the house is still far from ready to list (although the more work we do to it, the more we like it, and the less motivation we have to sell!) Then there's scrapping for Lexi, the garden, learning to cook...Ugh.
God Bless and enjoy the weekend!







No comments: