Monday, September 15, 2008

New Life

I felt that after all of the death and depression I've been carrying around lately, it seemed about time I focus on the present life I do have...and maybe even the future. Honestly, it's pretty difficult not to think of new life and fresh beginning with "the boys" (as I've affectionately dubbed them) scampering around our house. I've got TJ and Zach's routine down fairly well: play, eat, sleep, poop, play, eat, sleep, poop (repeat endlessly). Wow! Those boys sure go through food and kitty litter!

Usually fall is my favorite time of year...a fresh start. Even more so for me than in January. I love the season itself....the cooler weather, apples, pumpkins, spices, and gorgeous leaves! I even managed the new school year with the "back to school" shopping trips (I'm a sucker for brandnew notebooks, folders and pencils!)

Well, the ordeal with Colin kind of took all the air out of school starting...in fact, I'm fairly impressed with myself for managing with it at all! But now it's time to refocus. The girls and I have already managed to install a schedule of sorts. While I'm working in the morning, they tackle their "folder work", handwriting, spelling practice, math, and do their reading time (45 minutes for Alana and 30 for Erin). When they're done, Dad or I go over it with them. When I'm done working, I'll work with them one at a time....Erin with her phonics (and Abeka Language starting in October), and Alana with Language and Latin. That usually takes us to lunch, which hopefully Daddy has managed to pull together! After lunch we do Bible and then science or history. So far, it's working ok. I admit, I'd LOVE to not work. But I know it helps Barry with the financial burdens. And it really is nice to be able to accomplish something every day. Lord knows, the dishes, laundry, school work and housework is NEVER done!

I love this picture! To me, this is what homeschooling is all about...Alana working on her Latin vocab on my bed with Cassie, Zach & TJ.


I managed to squeak out some new layouts this weekend....only because it was rainy and I was urged on by some magazine calls (hence the all winter look!)

Easter Snow?




Skake Break

Winter Beauty
Snow on Easter?

I know, I know...the blue and pink color combo sure gets repetitive! I told Barry that from now on, each girl will need 5 different winter coats so I can spice up my winter layouts with a bit of variety!!!


No comments: