Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kitty Update

Ok, first on Colin. We brought my little man home on Thursday of last week. Honestly, I was prepared, and waiting for him to die the first night. Before we took him home, Barry and I got a hands-on lesson in giving Colin his "treatment". We, as a team, have to squeeze saline out of an IV bag through a needle injected into his back. It takes about 10 minutes. Fortunately, Barry and I work pretty well together and have been pretty successful. Most of the time Colin takes it very well. On other days (like today) he's ..... not so happy about it!

I'll admit, I'm handling this whole thing the worst out of everyone in the house, including Colin. I never know when he's going to go. As soon as I think he's really bad, he'll turn around and act "normal". Not truly "normal," but maybe not ready to die. So, I still have no idea how long he'll hold on. I do know that he's not eating enough to improve, though.

And just because we like to complicate things around here :) on Tuesday we brought home our new little boys, Zach and TJ. They are about 4 months old...they were found in a ditch, and have been raised at the vet. They are sweet little things! Very cute. Of course, we ARE talking about kittens....duh!

We are trying to do this correctly, so for now, they are living in Alana's room. I will keep introducing Colin to their scent, and like today, take him into "their" room, while they are out of it. Colin laid eyes on the boys today, and was NOT a happy camper. So, we need more time. My goal is to not send Colin into a downward spiral. I've accepted that he'll be leaving us soon...I just don't want to be responsible for sending him over the edge. In the meantime, the boys are in a much better place than they were before, so all is good.

So, this is Zach. He's much bigger than TJ. He's so soft and fluffy!

And this is TJ. He has a white spot on his chest...and his tail is more gray than black. And don't ask Erin what TJ stands for...it stands for TJ. :)



So, I am now officially, the crazy cat lady!!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry about Colin. :( It's SUCH a hard thing to go through.

CUTE kittens though. Love the gray one. :)