Monday, August 25, 2008

Prayers Appreciated

I took my "baby" to the vet this morning. Colin was my first pet after leaving home, hense being my "baby". Anyway, he was diagnosed with kidney disease about 2 years ago. Once we got past his "near death" experience requiring dialisys and 2 weeks at the vet, new special food, etc, he's been doing very well. But just yesterday, I realized how much weight he's lost very suddenly, how full his food bowl has been the last week, and discovered he's starting "nesting/hiding" in the back of my closet. Not good signs.

I may be just paranoid, and he's just not feeling good, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'm assuming he may need another round of dialisys, which is common for cats with the disease. Worst case...this is the end. He's only 11 years old, but life is a lot harder on the body when you have kidney disease.

Anyway, if you could remember Colin (and his stressed out mommy) in your prayers, I'd be very appreciative!




1 comment:

Nectarine said...

We hope all is well with the cat. I also have to say your Grandma looks GREAT!!!