Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Buffalo County Fair

Ok, so it took me a week to catch up on photos. But actually, for this time of year, a week ain't bad at all! I'm not a huge fan of the fair. Living a block away from the fair grounds, it just gets too loud, dirty, busy...and we spend way too much money. But the kids love it, so we go. Here are some highlights....

Yes, it's real. Yes, it's huge. Yes, it could eat my kids for snack. Yes, I held my breath. Yes, I hate snakes. Yes, my kids loved it!

Yes, when your kids, your life, is that far up in the air, you do replay every news story involving fair ride deaths over and over in your head while praying constantly til their feet are back on the ground. And then you hug them a little tighter...

We ran into the Lewis' at the fair. Claire is Erin's bestest friend, and all of the kids get along swimmingly. It was nice to have friends to ride with....


Yes, there is a reason that I'm always on the OTHER side of the camera! I wasn't smiling too much when we got off of the scrambler...
And the best part of the fair? Why, the pony rides, of course! The rode both days and loved every second. Well, not totally. There were those dang spotters holding onto the horse keeping the girls from riding the horses home. :) We're actually getting the girls riding lessons for their birthdays. That will give them even more ammunition to use against their poor father in their unending argument to buy a farm with horses. :)



1 comment:

Nectarine said...

Glad to see you made it in a picture. You look the same. Time has just stopped for you. Looks like all is going good. We should get all the kids together - I know I keep saying that but I do mean it.