Thursday, August 21, 2008

Family Fun Day!

Partly as a birthday event, and partly as an "educational family adventure," we headed out last week Friday Crystal Cave in Spring Valley. Neither Barry nor I had ever been there. It was a bit of a "tourist trap" with a gift shop for the kids to go nuts in, but it really was pretty cool. And I think that they were a great age to go for the first time. I'm sure I'll take them back again when we get deeper into geology.

Did you know there are only two places where you can experience absolute darkness? At the bottom of an ocean and in a cave. We experienced it....and yes, it is a bit spooky!





Since we were off to the East, I figured we'd grab a picnic lunch and head over to the Lion's Game Park in Menomonie. They have buffalo, whitetail deer (the poor one we saw wasn't looking too good), geese and elk. And they have a nice little nature trail to walk off the lunch you just munched! It was a beautiful day and we had a good time (exept maybe for Daddy, hobbling around on his bumm foot!)







We concluded our jam-packed day at WalMart, getting some groceries and what we needed for the "August Birthday Party" we had with the Crowell family the next day. We were sure tired after that! We came home and crashed on the couch to watch more Olympics. Go USA!!!
Speaking of...did you watch the women's beach volleyball team? They rock! Ever since I can remember, it's been my dream to play pro beach volleyball. You'd think I'd be getting pretty close to giving up that dream. At least I've given up the dream of playing in a bikini!!! :)

No comments: