Monday, June 30, 2008

Ugly is Beautiful!

My friend Lori linked me up to this great blog



The first week's challenge was to photograph "ugly" things that can be beautiful. I think I'm pretty good at seeing the beauty around me (and taking pictures) so this challenge intrigued me.

Here's what I came up with in about 5 minutes, just inside my yard (I'd love to dedicate much more time to this!)
This is our over-grown landscaping around our house? Aren't we awesome gardeners? Anyway, these are just weeds growing in the rocks...a bad, ugly thing. But they certainly do have their own beauty.....
I hate power lines. Their ugly. Now, when I sit on my deck and watch the birdies live their life on the high-wire, they become a lot less ugly and a lot more interesting. And when the photo of it turns out like this....it looks a lot more artsy, don't ya think?And this is my neighbor's barn. Yes, we live in town. Our house is probably right on the old farmland. It's not a new barn. It's certainly nothing fancy. It's rough and weathered. Just how I like it! Makes me feel like I'm in the country, when I'm really in town. Beautiful!

I challenge you to try to see more beauty in the everyday of life...even in the "ugly". Afterall, it's all part of God's creation....

1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

great job on the challenge...I had big ideas...and they didn't surface at all. But maybe I'll still get it done. :) I want to...