Saturday, June 7, 2008

Creative Pursuits






Working AND homeschooling can leave very little ME time. I know that I need to make more time for creativity...just to keep myself sane. Last weekend, we did a little home improvement (some projects involved "fixing" past creative expression!) We laid new vinyl tiles in the upstairs bathroom, and repainted both bathrooms and the entryway. We were exhausted, and although professional painters we are NOT, our home looks better before!


The bath linoleum was yellowed white, with light blue and pink accents. The paint was off-white with a diarrea brown sponged on top. We've had the new floor tiles for about 3 years, waiting to take the toilet off (a fun job we both love! Not!) The entryway sported another faux finish sponge technique...this one blue to match our blue kitchen countertops. Only after 10 years do I find out that my dear hubby HATED this blue! Well, heck...I would've repainted years ago if I would've known that! The doors were the original brown. The paint we used in all three rooms is a gray, mossy brown, and it looks different on each wall, of each room, at different times of day. So, at least there's variety! :) The doors look white, but are actually a lighter shade of the wall brown. Not a great paint job...but much brighter and modern than before.


1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the entry...just changing the color of the door brightened that whole area!! How exciting..and the floor in the bath is a big improvement!!