Saturday, June 7, 2008

Happy Homeschooling!




I admit it. Homeschooling is hard. There are days I question my sanity. My house is a mess. I have no time to myself. My kids drag out doing their work, wasting my day as well as their own.


Is it worth it? Definately! One of the reasons for homeschooling was to build family unity. I wanted my girls' parents and siblings to be the center of their lives, not their friends. Over the past year, I have watched the close, "best friend" relationship Alana & Erin shared, begin to crumble. I can happily now say that it is back! They are solid best friends. Do they fight? Well, sure. But then they quickly come back together. Some may argue that they're only friends because they have no one else. That's fine with me. As their mother, it's my job to keep my family close and filled with love. It's my job to ensure that my kids are friends with people to share our religious and moral beliefs. And I believe I am.


Recently, I designated Tuesday and Thursday nights as "no TV nights". We watch too much TV. My kids don't read enough. So this past week, instead of playing, I put in my new Classical music cd and had my kids read. As I sat in my chair, listening to Classical, reading a biography of George Whitefield and the Great Awakening, and looked over at my girls, engrosed in their own books....I knew. THIS is what I wanted homeschooling to look like. A little piece of Heaven.


1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

that's so awesome!! And you are VERY fortunate to have the opportunity and the ability to do that for your girls!! You rock dude!