Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Dad

It was only after making my dad's Father's Day card that I got the idea to do this photo montage on my blog. Many, many hours later, here are my memories of my dad (I sorta forgot how many gazillions of pictures I'd have to dig through!) Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of my dad from my childhood...but those memories are in my heart. Here's what I wrote on Dad's card:

Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

Actually, I don’t really think of you as a “father”. You’re definitely a “dad”. Dads take you fishing – and actually teach you to fish. Dads talk to their daughters while playing catch. Dads buy “woman” products for their daughters, and even make emergency deliveries to school. Dads who don’t write, write letters to their daughters at college that make them cry with homesickness. Dads talk fishing while his daughter is making him a grandfather – right in front of him! You may be a grandpa now, and I may be a mom, but you’ll always be my Dad. I love you! Missy


I could've written a lot more (I was limited by the size of my card). Now, I know my dad wasn't perfect...but for some reason, I don't really think of the negative when I think of my dad. These pictures of Dad with the grandkids...they could be pictures from mine and Amy's childhood. He was always there. Always with us...playing, talking, hanging out...whatever. We knew he loved us...and still do. Whether he tried to or not, he taught me what to look for in a man. And luckily, I found him. The greatest compliment I can give Barry is to compare him to my dad (and I do it a lot!)

Of course, I'm choking back tears as I write this. I love my Dad. And I'm so grateful that he's no different as a grampa (maybe even better!)

Thanks for the memories and the love Dad. Happy Father's Day! We love you...














































1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

wow! How LUCKY are you to have so many pictures of your dad!! Mine doesn't like his photo taken at all...and it's all I can do to get a snap of him. but you totally inspired me...I need to post a picture of my dad too. :) AWESOME tribute dude!