Saturday, January 16, 2010

Alone Time

My life just drove away in the truck. Any other mothers think of that when their hubby and kids drive away? That in a split second my life could be gone? I know it's not my place to worry about tomorrow... or even an hour from now. That belongs to the Lord. He giveth and He taketh away, and He will hold my hand through it all.

For those of you who don't homeschool, you may not be able to appreciate a day to one's self. I don't actually remember the last time we've been apart for more than a couple of hours. Barry thinks their going to fish all day...like into the afternoon. I wish him luck. Ice fishing is boring. Especially for Alana. We were actually surpised she chose to go with.

And as usual, she got clingy with me before she left.

As she was hugging me on the stairs by the door, she said, "Mom, how come I spend half of my life trying to run away from you, and then when I have the opportunity, I don't want to leave you?" How very astute for my 10 year old dear girl. I told her that I felt the same way. And we bonded yet again.

I remind myself daily as I'm doing their laundry, washing their dishes, cooking their food, picking up their stuff...that even in my selfish irritation...I wouldn't want to spend my life doing anything else.

That said, I'm going to try now to enjoy the day alone....


No comments: