Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I can't nap anymore

and it's seriously killing me! See, I'm really not a sluff...although being a nap-taking SAHM (stay at home mom) soundss like sluffing to me. But, we're still testing Erin's blood glucose at 3am EVERY morning...and then I get up at 7am to read my Bible before the girls get up. This wouldn't be such a big problem, except that it ususally takes me an hour or two to fall back asleep after testing Erin. Leaving Mama with not enough sleep. Now, suddenly, I'm unable to fall asleep. I tried Saturday, Sunday, and now today, to no avail. Ugh.

We drove out to look at another house today...that looked perfect (except for the high price), and....it wasn't perfect. Out in the boondocks with TWO close neighbors. Not me. If I'm gonna give up the convenience of living in town, I want to look out my window (every window) and see trees, birds, squirrels, and sky. Not neighbors. The girls and I went to another open house on Saturday. That one had a very nice spot, except that it was farther from town than we'd like (20+ minutes) and the house just wasn't right.

So, that leaves us with one that has been sitting on our "side burner" for a couple of months. We like it enough to have had Mom & Dad come look at it, too. We're just struggling with the price (as it needs at least $20k put into it to make it livable for us...we're not snobs, really. But the current owners smoke, and with my sensitivity and Alana's allergies, we'd need to rip out all of the carpet and paint everything. Oh, and the kitchen cabinets are plastic, so I couldn't get by with just painting them.) Maybe I am a snob. I just figure if we're gonna mortgage our life away, the house should at least be equal or better than what we have now. Anyway.....

The girls had a dentist appointment yesterday...and then I took the rest of the afternoon to shop the thrift stores for used books. Fun times. Really. I LOVE books. :) And then we watched Lexi & Morgan (my nieces) play basketball...they won. Big. :)

I'd really like to get some pictures ordered today. My creative mojo has been MIA for way too long, and I'm hoping some fresh inspiration might get my juices flowing. Besides, I don't think I've even developed Thanksgiving pics yet. Ugh.

Speaking of inspiration, my best buddy, Jenn is kicking some scrapping butt! She's been rocking her shop on etsy http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5367046 and has now officially added a Design Team, which I am honored to be a part of! I think she wants me more for my emotional support and friendship than my overwhelming talent...but she's kind enough to fill me with praise, too. What a good friend! Anyway, any scrappers or card makers should check out her shop...she makes adorable stuff!

1 comment:

Jenn :) said...

I want you for emotional support yes...but also because you ROCK..and I knew I had to word things just so for you to accept. Someday you'll realize how talented you are. :) Until then..I'll just keep on telling you!! Sorry about the napping thing buddy..that really sucks. You are such a great mom. And the perfect house will come..when the time is right. :)