Monday, February 9, 2009

I live a glamorous life....

Really. I do. You should've seen me on Thursday. You would've been so jealous. There I was at the vet, after a long hard day of homeschooling, cleaning and cooking. I have two sick ones. Zach, our fat cat, has had diarreah for over a week. And Cassie, I knew had a bladder infection...as indicated by her peeing on my bed. Twice. Aahhh, yes. So there I was, at the vet. I love the people there...they're great. But they are SO SLOW! I was there for 2 HOURS! With 2 animals and 2 kids. Fun. Oh, and don't forget the sweet smelling diarreah that was dribbling down the front of my freshly laundered sweatshirt. Thanks, Zach. Yep, glamorous.

Except for church and Sunday School on Sunday, and cleaning, cooking, school prep...I took the weekend off this weekend. No going. No people. I had both afternoons home alone. I love my family, really. But when you are with your kids 24/7...well, sometimes a break is good for the soul. And your patience level. I got a couple of cards made (but it's too cloudy and gloomy today for pictures). And I finallly got my order placed at Winkflash, so I can cross that off my list. Hopefully new pictures will get my mojo flowing for some quality projects for my friend Jenn's store http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5367046

Other than that, not much new here. Been doing more reading on Charlotte Mason. Did I mention that previously? I'm thinking of switching to her method of teaching. Short lessons...done by lunch. No "twaddle" of cheap books and oversimplified text books...she believed in children reading real, living books. Lots of nature study. And narration, verbal and written, instead of tests and worksheets. Of course, we'd do math as usual.

Ok, we're off to walk the dog. It's been above freezing for a few days now, so the roads are getting cleaner and easier to walk on. After lunch, the girls and I are off to Eau Claire for groceries...and maybe to sneak a peek at the brand new Michaels that opened yesterday! :)

1 comment:

Jenn :) said...

hmmm...that teaching method sounds great...who wouldn't want to be done by noon?? Sounds like it might be perfect...keep me posted. :)

oh and I SO don't envy your vet visit...eeewww