Saturday, February 21, 2009

I've been reprimanded...

by my mother for not keeping up with my blog. :) Well, not reprimanded. She just pointed out that it's been a while since I posted. She's right. I'm lazy.

Ok, what's new....

We are going forward with our home refinance...thru our local bank instead. It seems safer in these yucky economic times...and actually cheaper. So, it was kind of a duh. It will be awfully nice to have a whole half of our house payment freed up. But we'll have to be good, and not waste it.

Cassie was back at the vet for a visit on Thursday. Her antibiotics were almost gone, and she had to be retested to make sure the infection was gone. But she wouldn't pee for me. She's VERY skittish and VERY smart. She's knows when I'm up to something, so there's no chance to get the pee. I took her in to see if they could scare the pee out of her. I ended up leaving her there for a couple of hours. They had given up, and were going to extract the urine from her bladder. But when the rolled her over to do it, she peed. The vet said she was like a "water bubbler". :) That's my girl! She had refused to pee for us all day, afterall. :) However, her infection is still there, so she's on 2 more weeks of antibiotics. After that, we discuss new food (more expensive, of course.) Ugh!

Zach is fine now. I'm still giving him, and the other two, daily doses of yogurt and pumpkin...just to maintain better health. This is Zach up to his old antics...this time, jumping in the dryer while I was throwing clothes in....


Erin participated in a "future dancers" clinic on Sunday afternoon. She had a fantastic time! She loves to dance...and loves to perform! Plus, she got to see some friends. Here are a couple of pics (I hate gym pictures!) from their half-time performance at the girls' basketball game on Thursday night (which they won, yeah!)




Alana, as you may remember is a bit obsessive about some things. Like horses, goats, and most recently, bunnies. She wants a bunny. In the house. Daddy vetoed that, of course. Anyway, she's still researching.... (the book is called "Barnyard in Your Backyard")

About a month ago, I introduced her to the "Christy" book series. I have not read them, but seeing as they were in our church library, as well as our local library, I thought I'd give them a shot. She loved them! Just like her mother...face buried in a book! I told her after she read 10 of them, I'd get the TV episodes on DVD from the library. So, we've been enjoying one or two episodes each afternoon this past week. Erin just finished "The Adventures of Peter Cottontail" and now wants to continue with the other animal characters in that series.
Oh, and my niece, Morgan, just got her driver's permit this week. Congratulations! (Please keep her in your prayers!) :) Love you, Morgy!







1 comment:

Nectarine said...

So glad your mom said something - I was beginning to think something happened.