Thursday, October 9, 2008

Almost Friday...

I love Fridays. Especially now that it has become my "day off" since I reduced my work hours in order to retain a tiny bit of my sanity. :) Barry has Fridays off, too (he works four tens) and so often we're able to do family stuff. Last week it was a shopping trip to EC, for groceries and stuff. But tomorrow we're going on a field trip. I'm so excited cuz it's right up my alley! We're going to Pepin. We'll visit the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum (she was my hero as a girl), Lake Pepin, and whatever else catches our fancy on the way. Alana visited there on the first grade field trip, and since Erin isn't in school, and I want to go to, we're going. As an added bonus, it's the perfect time of year, with the leaves changing. Yep, I'm excited!

This past weekend, my parents came for a visit. We love seeing them, and wish we lived closer. Maybe some day. They went with us to see the house we've been eying up. Unfortunately, the realtor we'd list with, gave us a lower estimate on our list price than we were hoping for. AND felt that the house in the country was listed about right. So the financial gap between the two was much bigger than we had hoped. So now Barry has emotionally back out of the prospect. I totally back him up. It's his job to provide for his family, which is hard enough as it is in this economy without increasing our mortage payment. I still really want to move to the country. I think the girls would love it...and I would, too. We'll see....

School has been going fairly well. We're still plugging along at Alana's mastery of her muliplication facts. But she's making progress. She is able to correctly match over 80 Latin words to their English equivilent. She doesn't see the point...but I can see a much easier time at ACT tests in her future! And she loves to read...especially mystery/adventures. Erin is reading very well, but hasn't yet caught on to the desire to read for fun. Hopefully that will come. She's still breezing through math...a 2nd grade curriculum (she's in 1st grade) and is doing very well keeping up with the history and science stuff. Even on my worst days, I'm still gratefull to be home with my kids. I love it!

Well, I'm hoping to scrapbook a bit this weekend. We cleaned all of last weekend, so I think I've earned it! :) Barry will be in the woods or fishing, so it will just be us girls, I think, most of the time. I may have to cuddle up with a book, too. I've done it again...checked out too many books at one time! And then I've gone and started reading each of them! I'm working on a couple of homeschooling books and a couple of writing books (toying with the idea of writing...something...somewhere....)

Have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

sounds fun....I actually envy that time you have with your girls...but I just don't think I could do it. I might end up with no children. :) I finished up Eragon today..for the 2nd time...and I don't have Eldest so I'm almost panicking without something to read. I LOVE to read..sure wish it would catch on with the boys.