Monday, October 27, 2008

Life is busy

That's really no excuse. In fact, I don't really have time now (the girls will be screaming for dinner any second) but I knew if I didn't just take the time to do this, who knows when I'd "find time".

Ok, so we're back to last week. Anthony came for a visit last weekend (the 18-19th) for his birthday weekend. We had homemade pizza (his request), broccoli (his request also...seriously), and yellow cake with chocolate frosting. And if you look closely at the cake below, you'll find 20 candles. Yep, 20. That's two whole decades, people! If that's not enough to make a person feel old, I don't know what is!

But we enjoyed the little time we had with him. I even thought ahead this year and snapped some Christmas card pictures...just in case we're not all together again before that time. They're not perfect or anything, but they're my kids! And even though you can't see it in this pic, we've got the teams nearly all covered....Twins and Gophers on Tony (yes, we'd prefer the Badgers, what what can ya do?), Packers on Erin, and Mondovi Buffs on Alana. :)

It's definately fall. All of my flowers are nearly dead. The garden needs a major cleaning. The heat is on (after we called a furnace repair guy last week!), and one of the trees in the front yard finally decided to get pretty! (the other tree is still green...it's a little slow!) And today, after I hung my sheets out on the clothesline, it started to snow! Just flurries, but still. I happened to be on the phone with my mom. She said my great-grandma Louise used to hang clothes in the winter, and they would freeze-dry. So far, so good!



On Friday, I had to take the girls on a shopping trip. They needed shoes, winter coats, and pants. Wow! I'm so used to shopping at Savers, I hadn't realized how expensive new clothes are! That trip put a dent in the checkbook! But everyone is happy.
We were all pretty tired, and had to get home for a Halloween party, but the girls wouldn't leave EC until we stopped at the GOP headquarters to pick up a McCain/Palin sign. Seriously, the girls made me. :)
As overheard the other night (the girls were in the shower)....
A: You see, Erin, they're both gonna raise taxes, cuz of the bad economy. Obama is gonna raise them like a trillion million dollars. But McCain is only gonna raise them like by $100. See the difference, Erin?
I can't remember the rest of the conversation. I was in shock that my 7 and 9 year-olds were discussing politics and the economy in the shower. :)
(And for those of you who are pro-Obama, please don't hammer me with polical arguments...I'm not picking a fight, really. I'm just documenting for posterity.) :)


Here's the girls modeling their new (but 55% off) winter coats!



And Friday night was spent at Erin's Girl Scout family Halloween party. Erin is a queen (it began as wanting to be a drama queen...for which she needs no costume) and Alana is a girl-pirate. They had fun, but we were all super tired!


Ok, I'm caught up! For at least a day......
But now my dryer is beeping, I still have blankets on the line, and my kids are "staaaaarrrrvvvviiinnngggggg"!
If you made it this far, thanks for hanging with me!
Until next time.......







No comments: