Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Christmas Programs 2008

I know, I'm just a TAD bit behind on posting these pics...but as you may recall, my life was a little hectic at that time. :) So, here's how it went. Erin went into the hospital, near death, on Sunday, Dec. 7. We got home after 9pm on that Thursday. Saturday am was the rehearsal for our church's Christmas program, followed by the rehearsal for the for the musical at Friendship Church. That same Saturday evening was the first performance of the musical. (If you're thinking this is an insane schedule, you'd be correct. Now, remember that we're exhausted and walking an emotional and physical tightrope!) Erin chose not to perform at the 1st musical performance, watching with us instead. Alana was gracious enough to cover for her sister during the solo parts.

The musical was AWESOME...just like last year. Martha Konitzer, the pastor's wife and fellow homeschooler, has mucho mucho talent. And all of the kids who participate actually WANT and CHOOSE to be there, which makes a huge difference! I cried...I laughed...I rejoiced. What a perfect way to begin the Christmas season!








This was cool...while all of the "angels" were on stage, they turned off all of the lights, leaving just blacklights on. The angels took on a purple, glowing appearance. All of the younger kids kept looking at themselves in awe! :)

On Sunday, we had our own Christmas program at church, which Erin did choose to participate, thank God. I felt it was so important for her to jump back into NORMAL life as soon as possible. It helped tremendously being with her best friend, Claire.

I teach 3rd grade Sunday School, and every year my class plays the part of the nativity characters. This year instead of picking parts out of a hat (which I sometimes "rigged") I let the kids choose parts in order of best attendance. Alana had (and still does) perfect attendance, and chose to be Mary. This made me incredibly happy, as normally she hates to have any attention on her at all. She was a wonderful Mary...and even handled a couple of prop problems with ease. I was very proud!





After our church's program, the kids had a lunch break before performance #2 at Friendship. I was very proud and relieved that Erin chose to be a part of that one. She's so strong. Again, it was a perfect performance. I can't wait til next year!!!!








No comments: