Thursday, October 22, 2009

Something's Going Around

You know how when people get sick...you start to "feel" sick, whether you really are or not? I think we've got that here. That's when I start trying to quickly "get things done" before I drop. Not that it matters much...things quickly go to you know where when mom is stuck in bed!!! Anyway, that's my motivation tonight for getting my blog updated. Whatever works, I guess.Tony was home this past weekend for his birthday...and just to check in since we haven't seen him since before Labor Day. It was VERY good to see him. And he was a trooper...no cake and ice cream to celebrate. Just one meal of my "famous homemade pizza" and another of steak and potatoes. He even went to church with us, which thrilled me to no end. It was his first time at our new church. I got to spend Saturday night and Sunday afternoon watching football with him. :) Good times.And, I got a kid picture taken...so I'm set for the Christmas card in case I don't get another opportunity. Don't you love their fake smiles? (They get that from their father!)


Monday was a gorgeous day...unfortunately, the pumpkin farm place we go to for pumpkins is closed on Mondays. So, we went Tuesday....quick! Before it rains! It was chilly, too. Pumpkins used to be important to the girls...now it's the animals. They have corn in gumball machines so they can feed them. Nice.


The goats were the worst...greedy little spoiled things! They were climbing the fence and each other's backs....




And Barry actually thought to take a picture with Mommy in it, which was nice. But I still hate having my picture taken...

I've still been adding cards to my etsy shop...but still no sales. www.melissakaydesigns.etsy.com
I'm being patient...and trying to figure out how to bring in traffic. I'm working on ideas for advertising and using my art blog. I could start with advertising...like letting friends and family know what I'm doing. There's a concept, eh? :) Here's some new stuff...the bookmarks I did a while ago, just haven't taken pictures before now. The cards are new this past week.









The girls and I are possibly going to Eau Claire tomorrow for shopping. We'll see. Tomorrow night we'll be at Morgan's volleyball game...it's tournament playoff time. Hopefully, Barry will be able to hunt tomorrow. Saturday, he works...so maybe I'll get in some play time. And we have Extreme Christmas Musical practice. This year, I have a job...costumes...as it's my church now. :) I'm sure housework will crowd out play time. Ugh.
I'm working on having more of a "servant's heart". I do plenty of serving...at least for my family. But is my heart always in the right place? Oh! Speaking of hearts...someone I love dearly got saved! She's opened her heart to Christ and I am so giddy with excitement...as is she! It gives me hope for some others that I constantly pray for.
Ok, that should be enough of my boring life to tide you over for now. :) Have a fabulous weekend and God bless!











No comments: