Friday, October 2, 2009

Finally Home!

Skipped yesterday... didn't want you to get too used to me posting daily!

Well, besides doing 5 loads of laundry, sweeping, vaccuming, and unpacking...it truly is good to be home. The animals missed us. Cassie hasn't been off of my heels all day. And she, along with both cats, slept on top of me all night. :)

We came straight home yesterday...no stops except for potty and food. I guess once you know you're on the way home, you don't wanna stop. Sunday, as we traveled East, we watched the clouds of rain follow us. Yesterday, we drove into the rain. It hasn't stopped raining since. Welcome home.

I had one of those "God works in funny ways" moments today. I had done a custom card job for someone, and ended up getting jipped on the payment. It was really my fault...I was too trusting. I have a confidence problem anyway... I hate asking for money for what I do. I know that my work is worthy, but I truly doubt myself. Anyway, I had mentally decided I was done trying to sell my work (even though I really don't try to sell it at all). Then I got a surprise call from my Grandma. She loved the thank you card I had sent her and wanted to order 12 cards. This means a lot to me, as my Grandma is a very creative person (a wonderful quilter) and makes all of her own cards. I think this must have been an example of "the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away." It was a huge boost for me.

In fact, it spurred me into calling for information on having a booth at our town's annual Christmas Walk sale thingy in November. Generally, it's people selling Tupperware and Mary Kay and such, but I could sell my art there, too. I'd like to have my etsy shop up and running by then. Thank you, Grandma, for the confidence and motivation to keep on. :)

Speaking of art, here are some layouts I did for my friend Jenn's etsy shop
www.boysmamaXtwo.etsy.com (if you click on the pictures, they should get bigger)





I had a meaningful quiet time this morning, too. I'm currently reading Beth Moore's "The Beloved Disciple," which is about John. Two points stood out to me today:
1. Beth suggests that Christ's appointments are never haphazard - He can accomplish anything He desires by merely thinking it into existence. That He assigns men & women to certain tasks implies that the experience of the servant or beneficiary is often as important as the accomplishment. So, the things he leads us to do are often for our benefit....or for the benefit of those we affect. A good reminder that we should pay attention and be open to what we can learn...always.
2. This might get confusing...
(Psalm 25:14) "The Lord confides in those who fear him." The KJV says, "The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him."
Beth's thoughts: these hidden treasures are not secret because He tells them onl to a chosen few, but because not many seek to know him & tarry with Him long enough to find out.
(Ecclesiastes 3:11) says God makes everything beautiful in its time
Beth says, "I truly believe that if we're willing to see, God uses every difficulty & every assignment to confide deep things to us and that the lessons are not complete until their beauty has been revealed. I fear, however, that we have such an attention deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty was just around the corner."
Wow, how many times have I just "gotten through" something, when had a really been present and open and with Christ, I would have reached the beauty meant for me.
Have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: