Friday, October 16, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!

I know, I know, I've been slacking. But, really, it's been busy. And, of course, now that I stop to tell you about all of the things we've been busy with, I can't think of a thing! :) That must be old age....or lack of sleep! Ummm, well, the girls have started piano lessons...they've had two so far, and like it very much. We drive WAY out in the country (it's a gorgeous drive right now, but not looking forward to winter!) to her old family farmhouse. Now, we just need a piano. Add that to the list! The girls are really liking our new church and Christian Ed on Sunday mornings, as am I. Tomorrow we begin practices for the Friendship Christmas musical that the girls have participated in for the last 2 years.

Oh, remember I told you that my Grandma had inspired me to FINALLY get over my fears and open a shop on etsy? Well, I've been working on that for a week...I am now up and running. Now I just have to relax and not think about how long it's taking to make my first sale. :) If you wanna take a look, I'm at http://www.melissakaydesigns.etsy.com Below is my banner in the shop.

I'm absolutely HORRIBLE at selling my own stuff. It's a little confidence problem I'm working on. So, I'm going to have to rely on my family and friends to put out a good word for me. Thanks in advance! Besides checking out my little shop, please have fun shopping...there are so many people making beautiful, neat things out there.

We've had some "welcome to winter" weather around here the last few days, today being the exception. Here's a picture Barry took of Erin enjoying the snow she's waited so long for...

We're impatiently anticipating tomorrow evening when Tony's coming home for a visit...his first since he went back to school. We miss him. We'll be celebrating his 21st birthday (sans cake, of course). I can't believe he's that old. Ugh.
Here are a couple of cards that I created for my Grandma. I really like them. And based on the views on etsy, others do, too. :)





Since I can't think of anything else interesting, I'll leave you now. Hope you have a fabulous and healthy weekend!


No comments: