Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rollerskating!!!

On Saturday night we went rollerskating in Eau Claire for Girl Scouts. I was a bit apprehensive, having not been on wheels for a LONG LONG time! :) I still remember going with my aunts, Linda & Lori, back when that was "the thing". They had their own skates with big ole pom poms and everything! Of course, at that same time, Barry was skating at the rink in Eau Claire looking cool and trying to pick up chicks, but we won't get into that! :) And then we skated on and off during our school years...long ago. But we had a great time! (Although I'm STILL feeling the effects of muscles unused!) The girls totally rocked! I guess I thought that all kids had rollerblades at home...we don't have anything fancy, just thrift sale cheapies...but I guess I was wrong. We've never pushed the girls to skate...we've just made them available since they were on bikes with training wheels. Anyway, Alana blew away the competition at the girls skate race (Erin chose not to compete, but would've taken 2nd). They also had a "sock race" which Erin won. So, it was a very successful night for us! And I only fell once! :)

I was extremely happy with Alana. First of all, she was out there skating (not slowly) for at least 2 hours, and although red-faced and sweaty (yep, she gets that from me!) she was not out of breath, wheezing or coughing. Awesome! And secondly, it was good to see Alana kick butt at something. She has such athletic ability...just not a competitive attitude. Barry wants her playing league hockey in Eau Claire. He was even bribing her with a puppy if she did it for 2 years! :)

Overall, it was a very fun night. Although, if you would've heard the 4 of us moaning and groaning afterwards about all of our sore parts, you wouldn't have thought so. :)

Lining up for the sock (foot) race....


Erin with her prize...she whooped 'em!

Alana's skate race....

And Alana totally leading the pack....I swear she wasn't even trying!
And this is my feet. :) (Thanks to my friend, Lori, for the photo idea) Just to prove I actually did it...on my feet....most of the time!






No comments: