Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

We didn't do anything today for Earth Day...too busy...again. Maybe tomorrow I'll be able to come up with something.

Well, I'm blogging on my new puter. It's like the rest of my house...needing organization. I don't know what's what or where it is. Ugh. More cleaning....

Our new countertops are in...and fabulous! :) I'm not sure if they're really that fab (they were the cheapest you can get) but they're not baby blue with pink specks. :) My room is now about done...paint done, new vanity light, new bedding, matching furniture for the first time in our lives (thanks to spray paint on hand-me-down and thrift sale furniture), new curtains (all done on the cheap to be sure!). Now we just have to clean out the closet. Yuck. Today I worked on the dining room. Tomorrow I'd like to get my new office/scrapping room organized cuz I really need a creative break. Soon.

Friday I took Alana to our local doc to see if I could get the blood tests done (the ones I wanted the allergy/asthma doc to run, but he wouldn't cuz she was so "near death"). He did do the tests for me (blood tests so it wouldn't affect her lungs at all) and I'll get answers on heavy metals, allergies, and food allergies. Cool. I just wanna know...

Saturday I went to a seminar given by nutritionist, Karen Hurd, aka "The Bean Lady", before meeting with her about Alana. The seminar was VERY educational. Karen is a major science geek, and so was able to back up her nutritional approach/info with science & chemistry facts. Very cool. She put Alana (and Barry & I for support and our own improved health) on a diet of beans, meats/eggs, veggies, some nuts and LOTS of water. Zero sugar. Zero carbs, besides the beans. I knew it would be tough on Alana...she's a sugar/carb addict (like her mama).

Our new bean diet is going well. Alana has been a real trooper...compliant with all the food rules. She's been a little short on her water intake, but overall is doing VERY well. And she's feeling good, too. Her asthma is barely there. Nice.

Ok, short and sweet, but I'm too tired and it's too close to bedtime. :) Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: