Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Post-Election Day!

No, I'm not happy. Today's weather pretty much sums it up...rainy and blustery. :)

Alana was crestfallen when I told her this morning that the country had elected Obama. I quickly assured her that we would not be out on the street or living with Grandma and Grampa (although, secretly, I have my fears about what the all-Democratic government will do to our economy) and told her that there is one good thing about this election. We have elected the first black president. I know my girls won't be able to comprehend why that is such a big deal, but hopefully in the coming months I can make it more clear to them. Her reply was that she didn't vote against Obama because he was black. :) And that it would be nice to have a first woman president. I agreed. I told her that as much as I'd like to see a minority or a woman in the White House, I won't vote for them based solely on that, but many do.

I'm disappointed. And scared. I'm worried about what these liberal politicians will do with our economy. I'm worried about how the judges they appoint will rule our country. (Liberals are not big on homeschooling. They feel that government is better able to teach our children...and has every right....and will teach them what they deem fit. As a homeschooler, that makes me want to throw up. Literally.) But, despite my fears, I will respect our new president, because as a country, that's what we should do....a lesson so many "Bush-haters" should have learned many years ago. Question him? Challenge him? I will, but with respect.

All in all. I believe God was in control of this election. Does that mean I feel Obama is the "chosen one"? By all means, NO! But I believe God will work to make good out of all things bad. I must trust in HIM, not whatever president is in the Oval Office. End of speech....

I've been sick since Friday and I'm pretty much sick of it. The last 3 days I've been suffering thru a nice head cold...which today is heading straight for my lungs....hello bronchitus! The last 2 days, I've laid down to rest at lunch time, only to wake up with a migraine. Needless to say, I haven't been much of a mother, wife or teacher this week. Ugh. Talk about being behind!!!! I look on this as God's method of humbling one who "thinks she can do it all". So, your prayers of healing are welcome. :)

No comments: