Friday, July 11, 2008

Weekly Recap

Yep, it's stormy here. Very humid. In fact, the weather dudes called it "tropical". I don't like "tropical"...unless, of course, I'm on a white sand beach with my feet in blue water. But here in good ole' Wisconsin, I'll just stay in my A/C, thank you. But I do love the storms. For those of you who know me well, know that if I could be anyone, I may choose to be Helen Hunt in "Twister". I love storms. Not as much now that I have kids, but I still like them.



It was hot again on soccer night, but it turned out to be cooler than last week. Erin's team won again (they're undefeated...knock on wood) and Alana's team did NOT lose! Yeah! They tied, but that's better than another loss. Both girls play awesome!




Tomorrow (Saturday) we're planning a day on the lake. I'm not sure where exactly we're going, but Barry's had his little lake map book out all week planning. :) The day we spent on the boat in Spooner went very well with the girls, so I'm hoping it's a good day. I had to pat myself on the back when I overheard the girls planning which books they were taking to read in the boat. :) They'll fish, read, color, look at houses, eat, eat, swim..... Just like I used to do as a kid...and still do. Barry will fish...and swim when he's hot...and eat when the fish aren't biting. The weather is supposed to be perfect. It's just too bad we have to go so far to get on a lake...and use so much gas. Oh well, maybe someday we'll be able to move north.
Monday VBS starts...hopefully. We've had a problem with getting attendance, so I'm hoping we don't have to cancel it. It just makes me sad. VBS is such a great opportunity to bring kids to God and his church. And how awesome to have the teenage counselors as "cool" role models for the kids to look up to. And don't forget the music! I still haven't sat down to teach myself praise guitar...one of my goals this summer. Maybe I'll be inspired by VBS.....
I'm looking forward to a little break from the kids. Don't get me wrong, I love being with them (obviously, or I could never homeschool!) but I think a little break will do us all good! I might even take a couple days off of work for "ME" days!!!
Have a good weekend!


1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

what FANTASTIC photos of the girls playing soccer....awesome! Have a fabulous time this weekend...and yay about the girls reading!! :)