Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Birthday America!

Yes, I know....I'm a few days behind. I took the weekend off! :)

I managed to find some time to scrap....much needed I might add. I sure feel like I'm getting slower. Tony says I'm getting more "precise". This from a boy who knows on which side his bread is buttered! :)









We had a good Fourth. We traveled far...across our backyard...to Rick & Lori's for some conversation, games and food. It was good for the girls to see their cousins, Riley and Maddy. We had a great, relaxing time. We had planned to watch the fireworks from our deck again, but we found that we had a great view right where we were, on Bloom's patio.




Saturday, Barry worked, Tony didn't get off the couch, and I scrapped. Not too productive. Barry suggested trying the new (only) Chinese place in town for dinner (I know...Barry?) so we did. It was good...we were stuffed. The girls basically just ate shrimp. Typical.
Sunday the boys went golfing in the morning, I scrapped, and at about 3, we all rode over to the ball field to practice. Because of confirmation camp, we weren't sure our church team would have enough players without Kari and I playing. Not one to want to make a dork out of myself, I wanted to swing the bat a few times. Well, I did....and then I hit a bunch to Tony so he could practice....and then I caught a few so Barry could practice. Did I mention it was VERY hot, VERY humid, and the stinkin gnats were eating me alive?
My left hand looks horid. I have a huge bruise/broken blood vessel on my thumb (not that that's important or anything!) I'd put a picture of it here, but figured it would never look as bad on film as it does in real life, so then I'd never get any pity! We never did have to play...which was good, I guess. So my soreness and pain today were pointless, except to prove to myself how old and out of shape I am. Thanks.
Anyway, back to the grindstone this week. And summer's half gone. Wow.










1 comment:

Jenn aka boysmama said...

wow dude...how can you crank them out like that?? LOVE them...you are the QUEEN of using scraps...always love how you mix so many different patterns and it looks SO great!! Glad to see your work..but I say that everytime! So didja have to play? :) I suck at softball. lol