Friday, April 30, 2010

New Work

Now that my house is much, much emptier than before...of clutter, anyway...when I'm not cleaning for showings, cooking, teaching, etc, I can create again. This is the stockpile of cards I've done over the last few weeks. They need to get put into the etsy shop (which is currently empty).


And here is my new project... wall art. To "stage" the house for sale, we needed to remove all family photographs (which is basically the only art I had!) and homeschooling maps, kids artwork, etc. So, I kept thinking of what I could make... these are a couple of my ideas. They are done on canvas paper, 8 x 10 to fit frames. They are made with patterned paper, ink and stamps. I'm going to list them at $25, unframed (to ease in shipping, and so that people can choose their own style of frames). Eventually, the goal would be to sell prints of the originals...also as packs of notecards. I really want to push the "Christian" in this venture...quotes, lyrics, Scripture, etc. I want this work to be for Him. My thought behind doing them is that I view my handmade cards as ART...whereas most people see them as trash after taking out the check! :) So, here's my version of art that most people (hopefully) would see as art. :) Hope you like them. Feedback would be great!!!

1 comment:

Jenn :) said...

dude...I think you are brilliant!! I LOVE them!! I think they are a fantastic idea!! and your cards rock too..as always!! :)