Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Already half-way gone????

Summer I mean. Wow. Actually, I'm kind of glad. You see, around here, we're pretty used to moving at our own pace. So June has been a bit crazy for us with swimming lessons, church softball, t-ball, and soccer. Swimming lessons are done, t-ball will be done on July 18, church softball on July 19, and soccer next week. :)

We enjoyed a mini-vacation at my parents' this past weekend. Friday we spent in the boats fishing, swimming, reading, etc. We even enjoyed a little picinic (and some shade) at a little park on the lake.

We always have a camp fire there and roast marshmallows and make smores. Mmmmm, smores. Of course, this year, they were NOT on the menu. So, I wracked my brain for something yummy to replace them...just to give the girls a bit of "fun eats". I came up with roasting little weinies...and it was a HUGE hit. :)

We also had fun with a new bean bag throw game...cheap entertainment. As usual, Cassie ran/explored/played herself into exhaustion....


Saturday morning, Erin went fishing with the boys, while Alana, Grandma and I visited a craft fair and book sale in Balsam Lake (which is also where we go for fireworks). Mom and I both came home with a wooden cross...pics to come soon...while Alana stocked up on trinkets for her and Erin. Saturday afternoon, I walked the girls across the highway to the winery (yes, a whinery in small town Wisconsin) to watch a polo match. (Obviously, my first ever.) :) It was interesting...enough so that Erin decided she definately wanted riding lessons. Anything to compete! Alana just wanted to buy the horses that were for sale.
Saturday night we journeyed back to Balsam Lake for the fireworks. I believe the last time we were there, it rained and we watched, disappointed, from the truck. And the time before that, Erin started screaming immediately after they started...so we watched them while making a hasty exit back to the car. (sigh) But this year we made it through its entirety...and the mosquitos weren't even bad! (For once!)

Here are a couple of recent layouts I did for my friend Jenn's etsy store...her blog is here http://creative-chaos.typepad.com/creative-chaos/ She makes the coolest journaling spots for use on cards and layouts! She's mega talented!




I've been debating and praying about venturing onto etsy to sell my cards online. It probably isn't that big of a deal to most people, but to me, it is. Firstly, I don't wanted to get sucked/trapped into spending too much time with the business...it causes me to neglect my greater priorities...like family and school. Second, it would mean totally putting myself out there, risking failure. I don't like failure. At all. Third, I'm working really hard to live my life according to God's plan. His way is perfect, afterall. I still haven't received a clear answer, so I'll keep praying. In the meantime, I've been creating cards. Below are from a couple of card packs I made up. You can see the entire sets from my other blog http://melissakay-designs.blogspot.com/


Well, gotta end here. It's lunch time...and I haven't started it yet! T-ball after that...hopefully a nap for mama....and then I meet with my Bible study group again this evening. Yeah! Tonites topic: Miriam.
Have a great week!






No comments: