Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December?????

Really? Already? I am SO not prepared! But then, when you think about the situation Mary was put in so long ago, and I really have nothing to complain about, do I? Besides, as I emphasized to my Sunday School class a couple of days ago, the true meaning of Christmas is Jesus. So it really doesn't matter that I still need to start shopping, baking, decorating, etc...does it?

Well, we did survive Thanksgiving. Around these parts, Thanksgiving is slightly overshadowed by deer hunting. And most years, like this one, by hubby and son do not join the girls and I on our pilgrimage to my Grandma & Grandpa's house. This seems a little dumb to me, because they never shoot anything on Thanksgiving anyway...but that topic can wait for another day....

On Tuesday of last week, Erin had a much-anticipated Girl Scout meeting (the last meeting was canceled because of weather, and the meeting before that she missed because she was sick) and we went to my nieces' basketball games. Morgan won, Lexi didn't....but they both played extremely well.

Wednesday, the girls and I made a last minute stop at Target, and then drove up to G & G's. On the way, we listened to the audio book of "Bambi". Did you know that Disney totally mutilated that story? I had no idea!

Thanksgiving day we basically just hung out til our 5pm dinner. We got to see the Abrams family (We hadn't seen Avery or Easton since August!) and Great-Grampa (who was in a very funny and talkative mood). Dinner was great..as usual..thanks, Mom!

We left there on Friday noonish. We had to get home to cook again for the Crowell family get-together on Friday night. That dinner (a variety of hors devours) was great also, as was the entertainment....karoke via Singstar on Playstation.

Saturday I was sick and I cleaned house and did laundry. The boys hunted. Nice, huh?

Sunday was church stuff in the morning, icky football, school prep and work. No, I did not have a good weekend. I just can't seem to shake this chest cough. And add to that my usual monthly "illness" and I'm just wiped out!

We're struggling to get back on track with school. It's so hard after a break! All is going well. Alana is having some trouble with the multiplication facts. But she has the process down, so it's just a matter of drilling and memorization.

We have big plans this Saturday to go see a play with Girl Scouts...A Little House Christmas. And they're begging to decorate and put up the tree this week. Hopefully......

Below is a few pics from Turkey Day. I didn't take enough....go figure!











No comments: