Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Experience

On Friday night we had the opportunity to stay in an Eau Claire hotel for free...a gift from Barry's employer for 20 years of service. We were staying in the Presidential Suite...a $230 value. Now seriously, who pays that much? The most we've ever paid was $75 (in the Twin Cities) and we hated paying that! So we expected the beds to be made of gold!

The room was fairly impressive...a living/dining area with a fireplace and flat screen tv, a separate bedroom with a whirlpool tub, and a kitchenette area with a frig and micro. We immediately changed and headed to the pool area ( the main reason for our stay). The kids had a blast and even mom & dad took a dip. Unfortunately, the later it got, the more kids entered the pool. My girls are pretty "low-key", so obnoxious, splashing kids really bug them. So, they were ok with leaving. We took a bath in the big ole tub, and then ordered Pizza Hut. We concluded our night with tv. I should mention that the girls were really not impressed with this whole hotel experience, save the pool and elevator. They'd have rather been home at this point, as would I...

Whenever the heat kicked in, it made a sound similar to our tv turning on, so it generally woke both of us up. The girls were sleeping on a HORRIBLE hide-a-bed. And then around midnite, Barry and I were woken out of a deep sleep by a very loud noise. Barry jumped out of bed to see if the tub or shower was running. Nothing. It was loud. It eventually stopped...it was some other room filling their tub, I think. Definately not my idea of a $230 night's sleep!

I may be picky, but I wasn't even impressed with the continental breakfast! At least now we know not to spend our own money on a night out! We were all very happy to go home.

On another note...I'm praying fervently for my lil sis. She's due in just over a week and is immensely sick. She is completely congested and miserable...and has been for over a month. She suffered with the same stuff when she was pregnant with Avery. I'm just hoping that she has the babe soon, and that she quickly recovers to enjoy her new blessing!

No comments: